- May 21, 2021
- Posted by: FCS Compliance
- Category: News
The latest webinar conducted by FCS MD, Jerry Walters, on the Rightmove Hub has been comprehensively applauded by attendees with many reporting on the impressive level of expertise and practicality of the session.
The session, entitled ‘Identifying the Beneficial Owner of Companies and Trusts’, went live on Tuesday 18 May.
With close to 200 agents in attendance live on the day and many more registering to access the recording, the webinar focused on helping agents understand their legal responsibilities when it comes to dealing with corporate entities, such as companies and trusts – a favoured modus operandi of criminals looking to launder criminal proceeds in the housing market.
The five learning points of the session included:
- How companies and trusts are used for money laundering in the housing market
- The difference between a company and a trust when it comes to CDD
- The essential documents required for Customer Due Diligence
- How to identify who the beneficial owner is
- The major pitfalls when it comes to dealing with corporate entities.
For those unable to attend the live event, you can access the recording here.
FCS Compliance will hold the next webinar on the Rightmove Hub on 15 June. This session will focus on ‘All things AML’. Registration will be available soon and is free for Rightmove members.
Catch up on previous FCS Compliance webinars hosted by Rightmove:
Customer Due Diligence: How to get it right
19 January 2021
How to submit an effective Suspicious Activity Report (SAR)
15 December 2020
Five ways to ensure Anti-Money Laundering (AML) compliance
17 November 2020