- April 22, 2021
- Posted by: FCS Compliance
- Category: News
Tuesday 18 May: Identifying the Beneficial Owners of Companies and Trusts
With Anti-Money Laundering remaining high on the agenda of agents across the UK, Rightmove is now taking registrations for the next FCS Compliance webinar on Tuesday 18 May at 10am.
In this session, FCS Managing Director, Jerry Walters, will address the legal obligations facing property professionals when forming business relationships with corporate entities, such as companies and trusts, and how to identify the Ultimate Beneficial Owner (UBO).
The five learning points will be:
1. How companies are trusts are used for money laundering in the housing market
2. The difference between a company and a trust when it comes to CDD
3. The essential difference required for Customer Due Diligence
4. How to identify who the beneficial owner is
5. The major pitfalls when it comes to dealing with corporate entities
Questions from attendees will be answered throughout the broadcast.
Title: Identifying the Beneficial Owner of Companies & Trusts
Time: 10am to 11am
Date: Tuesday 18 May
Cost: Free to Rightmove members
A further webinar is scheduled for Tuesday 15 June and will cover ‘All Things AML’. Those with any AML question will be given the opportunity to speak directly to the experts. More details will follow.
Rightmove members will be able to attend both these webinars free of charge. Visit the Rightmove Hub for further details and to register.